Thursday 5 May 2011

A tentative toe in the water

So, this is the blogosphere - welcome to me!

I can't believe it's now 4 months since I made the move from Glasgow to the Brighton area but it's taken me until now to get my butt in gear and 1. set myself up in the dog-walking business I've been planning for months; and 2. write the blog my mates have been urging on me since the move.

In my defence, I have been a wedding planner extraordinaire in that time (me and Debbie had the best day ever on April 23 for our civil partnership) and I have unleashed my inner domestic goddess - I can now bake bread and the missus' clothes have never been so regularly laundered and ironed.
A loaf yesterday

But sheesh, aint housework tedious, hard grind? And there are only so many episodes of Homes Under The Hammer one woman can watch before she's planning to take a hammer to Lucy and Martin.

So all good things must come to an end and now, once my van is kitted oot, I'll be Fran Fran the doggy fan. Oh yeah and I need some customers. All in good time, all in good time.

So, over the course of the next few weeks and months, I'll be using this space to - hopefully - entertain you with my tales (and tails) of doggy and non-doggy life here on the south coast.

Along the way, I'll pass comment on any damn thing I like but probably limited to telly (Homes Under The Hammer notwithstanding), home-baked bread and how Tefal genuinely is the Ferrari of irons. Exciting eh?


Next time: resisting the daily urge to walk into Shoreham Dogs' Trust and take ALL of the mutts home

















 

1 comment:

  1. very good ms Fran Fran - i was one of the ones who urged you to do the blog - now being a journalist - it was the next best route to go down. Well done with the dog walking. See you in June for the Glasga Doo ! SoleSister x

    ReplyDelete